Posted by Judo Club on February 26, 2018 at 9:40 AM
Annual Mini Judo-a-Thon
When is the Judo-A-Thon?
JUDO-A-THON will be held on Tuesday, March 13th, 2018 during their
regular Judo class.
What is a Judo-A-Thon?
- It is a competition between judoka, to see who can complete the most throws in 30 minutes. Judoka are asked to find pledges for the number of throws they can complete in 30 minutes with a partner.
- The Mini is for the U8 class. Everything is the same, except it will be 15 minutes of breakfalls.
Why do we participate?
- The TROPHY!! The honor of having your name engraved on the trophy for completing the most throws.
- PRIZES!! Prizes are awarded for judoka who raise the most money (NEW JUDOGI'S).
- PRIZES!! Prizes are awared for MOST TRHOWS, BEST TECHNIQUE and much more!
money collected goes directly into the Judo Club. Money is used to
support our athletes at local tournaments, attend Judo Camps, buy new
equipment (like our new mats), and help support our elite athletes
travel to national events.
Guests are welcome to come down and watch!